At Stroh Fixit Shop, we’re able to offer premium lawn equipment repair in Northeast Indiana because we have a good inventory of parts. This allows us to fix your equipment quickly so you are not delayed further in your yardwork goals. We also have parts for sale if you have the experience and the do-it-yourself inspiration to make the attempt yourself. Here are the yard equipment parts that are most likely to experience issues:
- Blades: Most yard equipment cuts vegetation. Chainsaws, hedgers, lawnmowers and weed eaters contain blades that, like your kitchen knives, can eventually go dull. Hitting a rock or extra-thick branch can chip or break them, too, and that is cause for replacement. Replacing blades is normally a quick and easy process that restores your tools to maximum performance. You can also look into our sharpening services if all your blades suffer from is long-term use.
- Motors: All these tools contain small motors, which can wear out. Motor replacements are common on weed eaters that overheat, and poor maintenance can also reduce longevity. On larger tools like lawnmowers, it is often easier to replace the equipment when the motor goes bad. However, this option is always available to you, especially if we can inexpensively find a used replacement motor.
- Spark plugs: Leaf and snow blowers, lawnmowers (both push and riding) and chainsaws contain spark plugs. You are likely accustomed to changing the spark plugs in your car at regular intervals, but never think to do so with your lawn equipment. This is often a good maintenance step to take, since new spark plugs help your motor run better and more efficiently.
- Tires and wheels: If you run over the wrong type of rock in your riding lawn mower, it is possible to puncture a tire. Even push mowers have tires that wear out. Fortunately, you can get new tires and wheels for these items. If that same rock caught your blade, too, we can help you with that at the same time you come in to address your tires.
- Carburetor: Another part shared with your automobile, carburetors sometimes need maintenance or a rebuild. It often depends on the age of your equipment and whether the effort is worth it, but sometimes people would rather repair that old reliable item than take time learning and getting used to a new one.
- Fuel lines: Hoses wear out eventually, and that is true with yard equipment, too. If your lawn mower, blower, hedge trimmer or any other tool has a stronger fuel smell than usual, you likely want the fuel lines checked as soon as possible.
Our parts inventory covers weed eaters, chainsaws, hedgers, lawnmowers, riding mowers, blowers and other types of power equipment. We have experience and parts for popular brands like Kawasaki, Snapper, Kohler, Briggs and Stratton, Simplicity, Echo, Efco, Brinly-Hardy, Country Clipper and more. If you need it, chances are, we can have it ready for you.
For lawn equipment repair in LaGrange County, IN and other assistance with power tools in Northeast Indiana, contact Stroh Fixit Shop. You can count on us for all of your repair and replacement needs.